They say “it takes a village to raise a child.” and that is very true. We are so blessed with family and friends that are quick to lend a hand, keep an eye on the house, help with CG, cook a meal, watch our dogs, and send up prayers. Each one means so much. The outpouring of love is always appreciated. Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers. We have made it home safely. I’d like to ask everyone to continue praying for Chance as we are waiting on some important news. I know I ask a lot, but God is still working miracles and I’m still believing in ours. Just add him to your nightly prayers or your prayer chain, or both. Just please don’t forget to add him. From our family to yours, thank you.
A special thank you to every single person that prayed for us over the past few days. When I ask for prayer for my children, I can assure you that I genuinely need the prayers. Wednesday morning Chance went in to see his pediatrician after waking up with almost no voice. We learned he had a small lump in his throat. Friday morning Chance had an emergency checkup with his doctor/specialist. Words can not describe how scary all of this has been. I’m woman enough to admit that I have been beside myself, crying and a complete nervous wreck. You never know true fear until it becomes your child. More prayers went up Wednesday night than I could count. I was told by our Pastor and our family that The Lord would take care of it and not to worry. Well, he did just that. The lump is benign and shrinking on its own. Praise the Lord! His doctor, with the help of God gave us the answers we needed. It came with a relatively simple explanation. The scar tissue from his previous surgeries (12 to be exact) is pushing against his voice box and vocal cords causing it to loose sound. We’re hoping to meet with a reconstructive surgeon in the next few months and have it repaired. Until then, we push on. We pray and believe that God is in control and Chance will receive the healing he needs. In the years we’ve been battling this, numerous times we’ve been on the brink of finding a new treatment option only to find out Chance is not a candidate. Recently there have been some positive results coming from UAB in Birmingham. We were told Friday that Chance may have an opportunity to meet with a highly ranked doctor there and actually have a shot at trying his treatment plan. In the weeks that come I am asking that everyone please pray for my baby boy. He needs and deserves his miracle and I believe it is coming. From our family to yours, thank you. From the very bottom of our hearts. Thank you.